May 20, 2010

Peace Flags

Here is a project I have been wanting to do for so long.

Unfortunately, I seem to have really bad luck with sewing machines! I finally decided to buy a small handheld job to just get this done. As it turns out, you totally get what you pay for. So, this will do for now, and I will redo them when I have funds for a good machine!


I purposely chose to leave the sides fraying, instead of putting in seams. I love the frayed look on peace flags after they have been blowing in the wind for a bit.


Declan and Drew haven't made squares yet, so I left plenty of room to add more.


I love the way they look on the fence :-)

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Okay!! Love this.
Love, love, love.
Don't know why I have never thought of it, but who cares.
:) We're so doing this.

Theresa said...

I LOVE this!!! And my girls would love this too!! I'm thinking weekend project... :)

Penny said...

I'm with Stephanie - what a GREAT idea!

Thanks for sharing. Those drawings are truly magnificent.

(oh, and ps: I love your blog :))

Heather said...

That is so weird! I was reading up on Tibetan Prayer Flgas this morning and wondering how I could adapt them to have relevance in my own life. Cool! You did it for me! Thanks!

marcia said...

wow! Love it! Great minds think alike! I was planning to make something similar for next week with the children in my earth school!

Sarah said...

Really love this!

Unschoolers Rock the Campground said...

Thanks everyone.
To be honest, the workmanship on these is terrible. I am slightly embarrassed for people to see them up close! But, at the same time, I wasn't trying to make them pretty. They will be outside, in all sorts of weather, so they are what they are! At some point I would like to fix them up a bit, but for now I just love having them up :-)

denise said...

I love those! We made some canvas peace flags that we painted on with fabric paint, but nothing as funky and colorful as yours. Love them.

tiff said...

I LOVE...LOVE...LOVE this!

I think this is the first summer project we will do in our home! Absolutely fantastic!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails